Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What'd Pete say now?

Great, so the Hit King just had to weigh in on the Mitchell Report in an interview with Dennis Miller. Thank God ... I really wanted to hear what he had to say about it.

Said players who use steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs are "making a mockery" of baseball. Fine. Maybe pot calling the kettle black though.

Said "I never thought anybody would make me look like an altar boy." Nope, not sure you need to worry about that. I just don't think the Mitchell Report really does anything to improve public perception of a guy banished for life for betting on games.

"If you're going to put these guys that supposedly did steroids into the Hall of Fame, I mean I've got to get a shot somewhere," Rose added. Not sure I completely understand that logic.

Here's the one that really gets me. Rose said if steroids had been prevalent in his era, "I would have got 5,000 hits." So you're saying you would have used steroids (to get to 5,000 hits)? How does that make you any better or more worthy of HOF consideration when you're saying you would have used (like the players who allegedly did) if they would have been available? Ridiculous.

Do the Reds still get embarrassed every time Pete Rose opens his mouth, or is he just like the obnoxious uncle who's offended so many people so many times that the entire family is just desensitized by now?

No comments: